NCBJ will host the 15th Next Generation Program at its Annual Meeting in Seattle, from September 18-20, 2024. Click here to view the NextGen Class of 2023.
The program will host up to 50 up-and-coming bankruptcy practitioners for exclusive NextGen events including:
- A judicial roundtable event featuring bankruptcy judges from across the nation
- A small-group lunch with experienced bankruptcy practitioners
- A networking reception and dinner to build contacts and relationships with NextGen alumni
- A social outing to discover Austin with NextGen’rs and judges
- Future opportunities to participate as panelists with judges and other practitioners in educational offerings during the NCBJ Annual Meetings
Participants must have three to ten years of experience and, subject to demand, only one attorney from any single law firm may participate. The cost of attendance at the NCBJ Annual Meeting must be borne by the participant or his or her law firm, but no additional cost will be incurred to attend the small group lunch, NextGen judicial roundtable or the networking or reception. There may be extra costs for optional events, including the dinner and social outing.
Scholarships are available to qualified candidates as detailed on the nomination form. A complete program description with specific nomination instructions is available by clicking on the Next Generation icon at www.NCBJ.org or for more information, contact NCBJNextGeneration@gmail.com.
2024 Nomination Qualifications
Law firms, government agencies, and bankruptcy judges are invited to nominate program participants. The program is designed to host up to fifty bankruptcy practitioners.
Qualifications for Participation in the 2024 Next Generation Program:
- Three to ten years of experience practicing law (including clerkships)
- Devote at least fifty percent of his/her practice to bankruptcy cases
- Demonstrate legal excellence in the practice of bankruptcy law
- Display a serious commitment to principles of civility, ethics and professionalism
- Demonstrate commitment to the continued educational development of bankruptcy professionals and to professional activities that will benefit the public, members of the bar and the court system
Subject to demand, only one attorney from any single law firm or agency may participate in the 2024 Program.
For more information, you may also contact us at NCBJNextGeneration@gmail.com.